A couple of weeks ago I put this project up for a vote and the results are in. The vote was between two different designs and two different colors. Click to see the vote
And the winner was… drum roll… Design four… by one vote.
I usually have my projects done days, even weeks, before they are posted, but I literally started this one late last night. And, I have to tell you, I must have been drinking the crazy water last night because this project took me three times longer than it should have.
Step One I removed the sleeves. This step alone took a little over an hour. I could only find one of my seam rippers and it was the one that used to be my favorite and is now dull. So it was slow goin’.
Step Two I used the sleeve I removed as a pattern for the new lacy pretty sleeves. I made it bigger so I could have flowy gathers. Then I attached the sleeves to the shirt.(three layers of lace per sleeve)
Step Three I attached a one inch strip of gathered lace to the hem and to the neck line.
Step Four I threw the whole shirt into a pot of “Evening Blue” Rit dye. I let it cook for 20 min and rinsed it. (Sorry I forgot to get a picture of this step. It was very late by that point)
I ended up not doing the little flower thingy. It didn’t look good in real life.
Now, I know what you are thinking. “That project seems quite simple. I am sure it didn’t take that long.” I don’t know what my problem was but it took forever. This project should have taken me the length of the 1996 A&E Emma. Instead it took me the length of Emma, the 1995 Persuasion, and all but the last ten minutes of the 2006 Pride and Prejudice.
I would have been so upset if this thing didn’t turn out cute.