This week I am going to do up a shirt to match my new Army Style Pants. (Last Mondays Project)
The best way to pair the military look is with something very feminine. So I went looking for a very flowy and flowery top.
I found this cotton blouse at Marshalls for $12.99 . I decided to buy two and use my “It Takes Two” Solution on it. The first Shirt (Shirt A) I tried on to make sure it fit me how I wanted it to. The second Shirt(Shirt B) I got in the largest size available. That way I would have plenty of fabric to work with.
Step One was to come up with a plan.
The top already had a lot of character and panache. There was not much I needed to do to it. Sleeves where really the only thing it needed. I designed some soft flowy sleeves to go with the style of the Blouse.
Step Two I turned on season 2 of The Big Bang Theory. Then I took Shirt B and cut the lace off the bottom and off the neckline. I will not be using it on this project, but it is good lace and I will for sure be using in the future, so I put it in a zipp-lock bag and put it in my Future Projects FootLocker.
Step Three Using Shirt A to measure, I cut two sleeves out of the fabric from Shirt B and zig-zagged the edges.
Step Four Using my Sewing Machine’s Rolled Hem Foot, I hemmed both sleeves.
I love this machine foot. It makes for a very tight, very thin hem that is difficult to get otherwise.
Step Five Then I gathered, pinned, and sewed on the sleeves. All done!
Shirt $12.99 x 2
(and three Episodes of The Big bang Theory)
It didn’t take long at all. The end result is a fun Flirty Cotton Shirt. I think it looks cute on me.